After you've finished, you can print out these Printable Violin Scales
and go practice playing them! :)
- Select which scale to build by clicking on the first down arrow and selecting the note name.
- Select sequential note names for the next 7 notes. For example, if you start on "B", the next 7 names would be: C, D, E, F, G, A, B.
- Choose the accidentals you will need. Select "n" for natural, "#" for sharp, and "b" for flat. To determine which accidentals are needed look at the note pattern above the staff. The spaces between notes 3^4, and 7^8 should be HALF steps. All other spaces should be WHOLE steps. It may help to play the scale on your instrument as you fill in the notes for the scale.
- If necessary, select "8va" to move the note up or down the octave (the note will be considered wrong if it is in the wrong octave).
- Select "Submit Scale" to see if your scale is correct.
- Change the necessary notes to make your scale correct and submit again, or push "Reset" to try another scale.